Special General Faculty Meeting Called for February

By Jonathan Levin
As I approach the six month mark of my service as Provost, and as I near the end of my series of meetings with academic departments, I would welcome the opportunity to meet with everyone to continue our discussion of where we are and where we’re heading.  Though we are very much in the middle of our collective analysis of our academic and support programs, several important themes have emerged for me, and I’d like to take some time to talk about them with you.  To that end, I am pleased to announce a special faculty meeting on Wednesday, February 5, at 4:00 pm, in Dodd Auditorium.  

Consistent with the provision in the Faculty Handbook, this newsletter (and follow up messages to come when we reconvene in January) will serve as the required written notice for the special meeting.

Besides my own update, the agenda will include short presentations on the various teaching and academic spaces that will be available in the Information Technology Convergence Center and on the 2013 Admitted Student Questionnaire (a very small part of which was recently the subject of some on-line conversation among faculty).  If there are additional issues that come to the surface and require our attention, I will of course add those to the agenda. In all events, I expect the meeting to last no longer than an hour so that faculty teaching at 6 p.m. will have ample time to get to their classes.

I look forward to seeing you on the 5th.