Email not displaying correctly? View this newsletter online
University of Mary Washington

SEPTEMBER 2013

This special issue of the newsletter is designed to seek your input about the UMW summer session. Post your comments (see instructions below) and come to the “Open Forum” opportunity.

Summer Session Policies

Colleagues,

As you know, a number of changes were implemented last year with respect to our policies regarding both faculty compensation and minimum enrollment requirements for summer session courses.  While I do not expect to simply return to former approaches, I do want to take some measure of the impact of last year’s policies, and to that end I invite your comments.

To express your thoughts, click on the words “read more” (below) or click here and then place your comments in the “leave a reply box.”  Commenting will remain open through Monday, October 7.

Return to this space periodically to read what others have said — click on “Read More” (or click here) and you will see all the contributed comments posted there. You can also access this discussion via the Provost’s web page by selecting the link for “Summer Session.”

I will also conduct a “Town Hall” forum on this topic, at which I invite further discussion and comment.  This meeting will be held next Friday, October 4 from 4:00-5:00 PM in Trinkle Hall, room 106-A.  The forum is designed to give anyone interested an opportunity to have a more thorough conversation on these issues with me and the others who come to the meeting.

I expect to determine soon after October 7 whether any modifications to the present policy are required.  You’ll be informed about my decisions before we start the process of building the next summer session schedule.

With thanks,

Jonathan Levin
Provost

Read more. . .
Photo Credit: Jeff McClurken